Botulinum Toxin A Neuromodulators are also known as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin work on relaxing the muscles involved in the formation of dynamic wrinkles caused by muscle movement. Facial wrinkles are strongly associated with facial anatomy and hyperactive muscle activity. Botox injection techniques should result in a younger, smoother appearance, at the same time preserving a natural facial expression as well as decreasing lines and wrinkles.
What Can Be Treated with Botox?
- Glabella area (between the brows)- to reduce worn lines
- Crows Feet lines – to reduce and smooth fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Frontal or known as horizontal lines-to smooth and reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the forehead
- Bunny lines-to reduce nose squinting
- Smokers lines – reduce and smooth fine lines above around lips
- Masseters – for face/jawline slimming
- Drooping nasal tip- to lift the tip of the nose
- Gummy smile
- Chin – to reduce dimpling in the chin area
- Marionette lines- treat inverted smile
- Platysma bands – to reduce and smooth necklines
- Botuline toxin A can also treat Hyperhidrosis disorder or excessive sweating of palms, feet, and underarms.
It takes 5 to 7 days for Botulinum toxin A to start working
Longevity 3 to 5 months
Precautions: Hypersensitivity, neuromuscular disease, localized infection or inflammation, pregnancy, breastfeeding, an autoimmune disease.
Side effects include bruising, swelling, redness at injection site, injection, occasional numbness
What I should not do?
No rubbing or massaging of the injected area for 4 hours, no strenuous exercise for 24 hrs, no lying flat for 4 hrs. keep upright for 4 hrs.