Botulinum Toxin A Neuromodulators are also known as Botox, Dysport, Xeomin work on relaxing the muscles involved in the formation of dynamic wrinkles caused by muscle movement. Facial wrinkles are strongly associated with facial anatomy and hyperactive muscle activity. Botox injection techniques should result in a younger, smoother appearance, at the same time preserving a natural facial expression as well as decreasing lines and wrinkles.
Facial aging occurs at all levels. With age regenerative properties decline, collagen content of the skin decreases. Combination of fillers and Botox in aesthetic medicine is increasingly popular. Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, Azzalure are all Botulinum Toxin Type A.
WHAT CAN BE TREATED WITH BOTOX?
Botox Can treat dynamic wrinkles which include glabella (frown lines), frontal lines (horizontal forehead lines, crow’s feet (smile lines around the eyes), smokers lines (lines on top lip), chin dimpling, necklines, masseter treatment (jawline slimming), Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating of palms, feet, underarms)
- Glabella area (between the brows)- to reduce worn lines
- Crows Feet lines – to reduce and smooth fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Frontal or known as horizontal lines-to smooth and reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the forehead
- Bunny lines-to reduce nose squinting
- Smokers lines – reduce and smooth fine lines above around lips
- Masseters – for face/jawline slimming
- Drooping nasal tip- to lift the tip of the nose
- Gummy smile
- Chin – to reduce dimpling in the chin area
- Marionette lines- treat inverted smile
- Platysma bands – to reduce and smooth necklines
- Botuline toxin A can also treat Hyperhidrosis disorder or excessive sweating of palms, feet, and underarms.
It takes 5 to 7 days for Botulinum toxin A to start working
Longevity 3 to 5 months
Precautions: Hypersensitivity, neuromuscular disease, localized infection or inflammation, pregnancy, breastfeeding, an autoimmune disease.
Side effects: include bruising, swelling, redness at injection site, injection, occasional numbness
HOW LONG DOES BOTOX LAST?
- Botox lasts 3 to 5 months in forehead areas (frown lines, horizontal lines, brow lift)
- Botox lasts 3 to 4 months for jawline slimming
- Botox lasts 4 to 6 months for Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
WHAT ARE SIDE EFFECTS OF BOTOX?
Side effects of Botox are rare. Possible side effects include; pain, swelling or bruising at the injection site, headache or flue like symptoms. The effect is ALWAYS completely reversible.
HOW MUCH BOTOX DO I NEED
- Forehead area generally 20-30 units
- Crow’s feet 20-30 units
- Masseters (jawline ) 50-80units
- Platysma (necklines) 30-50 units
- Lips 4-6 units
- Chin 3-6 units
- Brow lift 5-10 units
WHAT I SHOULD NOT DO?
No rubbing or massaging of the injected area for 4 hours, no strenuous exercise for 24 hrs, no lying flat for 4 hrs. keep upright for 4 hrs.